1.23.2011

Some local Philly Events ... 90's Quizzo + Groundhog Day BEER!

It's short notice but I feel I would be remiss in not mentioning 90's Quizzo @ PYT to my Filthadelphia Geeks! Monday nights! Here is info for this week's theme, straight from Tommy Up and PYT's Facebook page:
QUOTE
"Monday night at 8:30, Gunner hosts 90s QUIZZO PART 2: JUDGMENT DAY! Last week's quizzo was the best ever. Let's do it again and win some great prizes as always! You'd better know your N*SYNC from your Backstreet Boys and your "My Heart Will Go On" from your "Kiss from a Rose"! HALF-PRICE PITCHERS as always and a 2 point bonus to any TEAM that has all 4 colors of the ninja turtles on in some sort of team combination."
UNQUOTE

PYT is located at the Piazza (2nd and Germantown Ave in Northern Liberties).

Gotta love the TMNT shout-out. T-U-R-T-L-E POWER!

===========

I know that if you're like me then Groundhog Day brings flashbacks of Sonny and Cher's "I got you babe" and Bill Murray trying to off himself in multiple ways but at the Grey Lodge Pub it's a entirely different tradition. Think drinking before 8am (doors open at 7!) and hula hooping in Hawaiian shirts! 8 plus beers on tap and contests mark the occasion in addition to the usual viewing of Punxutawney (I almost spelled that right the first time!) Phil.

Here's the flyer:



























And you can get more Grey Lodge info here.
The Grey Lodge Pub is located in the NEast on Frankford Ave but is close to public trans.



No comments: