4.01.2010

Secret Project #7 - Donal Delay's THE MEETING + EXCLUSIVE News about our upcoming PROJECT!

As some of you may have noticed, SECRET PROJECT began on Mike Oeming's forum over at Jinxworld. Donal Delay took that to heart when crafting his story THE MEETING for the anthology. I asked Delay a few questions about his tale which will be premiering Sunday April 4th. Check'em out!

===================
Mary E. Brickthrower: How long have you been reading comics?

Donal Delay: A little over 20 years. It started with a couple issues of Marc Silvestri's Wolverine, and some Whilce Portacio issues of X-Factor on a road trip with my parents. It was just a casual reading. I started seriously getting into comics when Image formed.
MEB: When did you decide to become an artist / writer / creator?

DD: Probably around the time I started reading
comics. I wanted to start telling my own stories. Making my own characters. etc.


MEB: How did you become involved with SECRET PROJECT?

DD: I post on Michael Oeming's message board from time to time. He's one of my favorite artists (hence the story) and a bunch of cats on the board were putting together an anthology and taking open submissions. It sounded like fun..


MEB: What else are you working on right now?

DD: I'm working on a short graphic novel called HERRIN MASSACRE. It's about the slaughtering of 50 scabs in 1920's Illinois by the coal miners who were on strike. It'll be about 70-80pgs. You can see the progress of it on my blog http://donaldelay.blogspot.com. Later this year I'll have a short, 24pg comic called BOSTON STRONGBOY coming out. It's about John L. Sullivan. The first World Heavyweight Boxing Champion.

MEB: Thanks Donal!

==================
EXCITING NEWS!!! M. Sean McManus and myself have been tapped by a major publisher to oversee their new imprint of Graphic Romance Graphic Novels. A formal press release for the imprint known as HEART'S INK, INC. is being drafted by the lawyers now. Our first adapted GRGN, will be Nora Robert's BORN IN FIRE and is being scheduled for a fall release.

No comments: