12.09.2010

Yelp Review - Village Whiskey


5 star rating
12/9/2010

My boyfriend and I went on a Sunday evening but even still there was a small wait of about 10 minutes. The wait paid off though b/c (as per my previous review of FRIDAY SATURDAY SUNDAY) we got a snug little corner seat that was a great people watching location.

The ambiance was busy but laid back, the Whiskey menu is obviously impressive. The bar was packed.

We shared 2 apps - the tots and the deviled eggs - and while I still maintain South St (with PERCY ST BBQ and SUPPER) as the deviled egg capital of Philly, the Tots were awesome! The potato seemed to be pureed inside so they were melt in your mouth YUM!

Of course we had to order the WHISKEY KING. And it was worth every penny. Boasting 2 of my favorite things, Bleu Cheese and Foie Gras, and combined with bacon and red meat goodness, all I can say is WOW. I liked the maple glazed cipollini but I found it a bit too sweet. Sean however had a love affair with them and I wouldn't be surprised if he sneaks daydreams about them.

We had the regular duck fat French fries but I have been told we should have upgraded to the Short-rib and Cheddar Fries (but hey now we have an excuse to go back!).

Another Garces great, I can't wait to visit again!

No comments: